Wednesday 3 December 2014

and there was that time

 
And there was that time in
When we sat beside the ocean,
you and me
listening to the waves
pounding against the shore.
And I felt the spray on my cheeks, and 
I felt your hand in my hand. 
And I was not afraid of the roar.


And as we sat beside the ocean,
you and me
watching the sun sink into the briny depths.
I felt it's last warmth on my cheeks.
And I felt your hand in my hand.
And so I was not afraid of the dark. 


And later, as we settled down to sleep
you and me
beneath the pine trees,
I felt the pounding of your heart from your chest to mine
I felt the warmth of your skin on my skin 
I felt your hand in my hand
And I was no longer afraid.



Already five (and a half!) years together, you and me. Not bad, hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment