Wednesday 14 May 2014

in between



After that, slowly but surely, all traces of the world I had known before started to evaporate.

The colour drained from my life.

I stopped going to school. Stopped going to Guides. Felt dizzy when I played the flute. Couldn't ride my bike any more, couldn't swim, could hardly even walk. 

My world shrank to the four walls of my bedroom and I had to get used to a new sort of normal.

Bed-bound, house-bound. No-longer-anywhere-bound.
Washed by my Mum. Propped up in bed. Wheelchairs. Disability Living Allowance. Aching limbs. Tender muscles. Disturbed sleep. Pale skin. Poor circulation. Brainfog. Never ending fatigue.
Forgotten by friends. Tired, so very tired.

This is how it was in-between. Those were the pyjama days. 

They seemed to stretch on into eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment